Great Things Come In Pairs


 So, we return to find our heroine on the phone in her office with her PA....and looking pretty damned cute I might add....

  The PA was so sweet to me.  She told me that two things concerned her.  First was that the mass did not show up on the mammogram.  Secondly, she normally gets results in 24 hours.  These results were sent to her within 45 minutes.  She told me that the decision was hers.  She also told me that, if I was her sister, she would tell me to get a biopsy.  She asked if I wanted her to make me an appointment with a surgeon.  The appointment was one week from that day.

Dammit.

In the meantime, I had things to do.  One of those things was to get my mom back and forth to have cataracts removed.  My mom is a worrier (there should really be a bigger word to describe that) and I knew it would cause her problems so, I kept it on the down low and only told a few people.

On September 15, the nurse explained to me what would happen.  A sonogram would be done.  Then he would decide on if anything needed to be done, a needle biopsy or a core biopsy would be done.  She then explained how both of those procedures would be done if I had to have it.  I loved that she wanted me to be informed before hand.  She told me that it would take at least a week to have results.  Well,  I have always been a lucky girl so....... guess who got to have the core biopsy?!?!?! 

THIS GIRL!!

The sweet sweet nurse draped my breast and washed it with betadine.  I laughed and told her it looked like a really bad spray tan.   She then moved to my non-lump side and it all began.

Doc numbed the area with a shot and then took what looked like one of those guns used to pierce your ears and started.  It had a needle that is that is several inches long.  He inserted it several times and took about 8 samples. 

And you know what, it was the most interesting thing EVER!!!  I got to watch the whole thing.  He would insert it and it made a loud POP and he would take out a sample.  It was so very cool!

Then all of the samples were put into a little jar and labeled. He then told the nurse to make me an appointment in two days.  She looked at him....then looked at me....she said but...  Two days? He nodded yes.  Then he looked at me and said "Well, this is big but try not to worry too much.*  I totally could have done without that last sentence.

The next day, my left breast looked like it had been the airbag in a really bad collision.  I have never seen more vivid greens, purples and yellows.  I was so impressed that I wanted to show everyone!!  However, I refrained.  Well, I might have shown a few.  ~winks~

I even thought about posting a censored picture here.  I didn't.  You are welcome.

Two days later, I am sitting in the same room again.  He came in fumbling with my file and sits down.  Then a male nurse comes in and stands by the door like I might bolt and run.  The surgeon looks at my paperwork and then looks at me.  He says "Good news.  You have a large fat necrosis.  They normally occur when there is an injury to the breast.  It does not have to come out but they some times become painful and I would suggest that you have it removed."

Do you know what a fat necrosis is???  DEAD FAT.  Well, OF COURSE THAT IS WHAT I HAVE!!

So, I am very thankful that I do not have breast cancer.  I'll take the lump of dead fat over cancer any day.  I will be scheduling an appointment to have it removed.

Please....PLEASE do not hesitate to have a mammogram.  Many cities offer free or low cost ones.  If you don't know where to start, call your doctor.   I do not even have to pay a co-pay with my insurance when I get one.  If you do not have insurance, a doctor or don't know where to go, the Susan B Komen Foundation can help you with that.  If you need me to come hold your hand, I will be happy to...either physically or virtually.

Even though it IS squishy, your girls will be happy that you did.



.....dead fat....sheesh

Comments

  1. I like that you had fat necrosis vs something ominous. The only thing I ever think about when you tell this is "Who killed your fat?" I bet it was Rach. It was Rach, wasn't it? You can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're okay! I've had a scare like this before and I thank my lucky stars it was benign. I also loved the technology if having the infiltrator shot with the biopsy weapon of destruction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Technology has come so very far!! I am glad that yours was benign!

      Delete
  3. I think the clown did it.

    (glad you are fine. <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really glad that your biopsy was good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that all is well, makes me feel bad that we never caught the person(s) responsible for rearranging your porch, but on a different note, how do you kill fat?? I have some that really needs to die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing! I wonder how to kill the rest of the fat. But, dead fat is lumpy. That might be a whole new problem. And I KNOW the culprits!

      Delete
  6. <3 I'm so glad it's not cancer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shoooo weeee! I'm so glad alls you got is some dead fat! That's nuttin' honey '-) All kidding aside - thank you for sharing. Sooooo glad that's all it was. Kuddos for you for being so proactive and to your PA for not brushing you off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...nuttin'! I am very thankful for dead fat. lol

      Delete
  8. I've never been so thankful for fat, dead or alive, as I am now, for you, Mindy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I am a girl who LOVES attention. Comment + attention = happy Mindy!

Popular Posts